THE INCLUSIVE BASIC SERVICES DELIVERY AND LIVELIHOOD EMPOWERMENT INTEGRATED PROGRAM (IBSDLEIP) IN NORTH EAST OF NIGERIA
The AfDB-Assisted RWSSP 2 is tagged, Inclusive Basic Service Delivery and Livelihood Empowerment Integrated Programme (IBSDLEIP). This Program is part of on-going FG efforts toward North East States Emergency Transition, Recovery and Peace building, elaborated by the five-year program.
The programme has three main components and sub-components.
The main components are;
- Service Delivery,
- Economy Recovery and
- Institutional Strengthening
Coordination Structures and Implementation Arrangement
At Federal level, the Presidential Committee for the North East Initiative (PCNI) under the office of Vice President is responsible for overall coordination. The Federal steering committee will be drawn from the participating Federal Ministries and to be represented by their Permanent Secretary. There will be Programme Coordinating Unit (PCU) for each of the participating Ministries and to be headed by Program Coordinator. For FMWR-PCU their roles includes;
- Implementation of the the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Reform.
- Coordination and oversight functions to the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Services Recovery and Development being implemented in the States, but FPCU will not implement State program directly.
- The FPCU will play an advisory, compliance, quality assurance role as well as Ministry’s constitutional mandate to States.
- Implementation of the institutional support activities as relating to institutional strengthening interventions at the Federal level.